Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers reading this. It has been a wonderful Mother's Day for me and the best gift has been seeing both of my precious babies doing so well. Brad gave me a sweet card from the kids and a snow globe with their picture inside that plays a lullaby. I have to say that my husband has been an amazing support this whole week and has really been by my side going above and beyond the call of duty to help me recover. He is a natural with Aidan and Ava and it warms my heart to see him interact with them. As much as he and I always joke around, I feel so blessed to have him as my husband and I cannot imagine going on this journey with anyone else but him. Thank you Brad for making my first Mother's Day so special.  

The best Mother's Day present was one I received a little early on Friday. We were able to have the NICU nurse, Mary, bring Aidan to Ava's room and Ava's nurse, Kim, put Aidan in bed with her. On the way to Ava's room Aidan was sleepy, but his eyes were wide open as soon as we arrived. Kim held him next to Ava and he kept looking around. Finally, we decided to actually let him lay beside her and he put his hand on her face. He didn't want to let go of her, so his grip was tight enough that his little finger nails turned white. After about a minute or so he must have figured out it was Ava because he flashed her a huge smile. It just melted our hearts! For the rest of time he laid there he was very alert and kept looking around. She was sedated, but she did open her eyes a few times. It was amazing to finally see them reunited and it was obvious they could feel each other's presence. It is a moment we will never forget and we look forward to many more as Ava gets better. Mommy loves you Aidan and Ava!

Ava's nurse, Kim, getting things ready for Aidan to visit. 

Aidan wide eyed as he snuggles in next to his sister. 

Aidan putting a protective hand on his big sister. 

Aidan and Ava resting together. So sweet! Reunited at last!

6 comments:

  1. Happy 1st Mother's Day Christina! Congratulations to you & Brad & thank you for sharing your precious moments with your beautiful babies! I really love today's photos of Ava and Aidan together.
    Love, Aunt Mary & Uncle Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRECIOUS ....in more ways then one....brings back so much ! Love you guys ! Hang in there we r all in your corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This might be the most beautiful thing I have ever seen! What precious little gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your family is in my prayers. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christina,

    The picture of them sleeping together is just the most precious thing I've ever seen in my life! What little sweeties! Happy belated mother's day to you! We are all thinking of you and your family. Many prayers being sent your way!
    Allison

    ReplyDelete